Incentive Trip plays crucial roles for those of companies who wish to boost their partners relationship and employee performance and engagement, while driving business goals. Incentive trip can be a group trip or an individual vacation for their top employees and top sale personnel. The Incentive Trips mostly come in extraordinary arrangement with lot of small details and paid by the host organization. With all these logistics, a local Incentive Trip expert is needed to make sure you have the best program and most of the destination they travel to. The following readings, SAM INSPIRE Cambodia, the local expert in planning and organizing Incentive Trip as part of the MICE will give great insights of how to make the best of an Incentive Trip in Cambodia.
Why Cambodia as Incentive Trip Destination?
Exotic, Least touched, Authentic, Cultural, Historical, Resourceful and Ready are some of the adjectives to answer the question of “Why Choosing Cambodia to host an Incentive Trip for your company?”. Cambodia homes to the world largest UNESCO heritage site of Angkor temples, located in Siem Reap. Furthermore, three local destinations that you could consider to include in your Incentive Travel plan where connection could be made by overland and flights.
- Siem Reap located in the Northwestern part of Cambodia where Angkor Wat temple and many hundreds of other ancient temples and historical sites located. Second from Phnom Penh, Siem Reap has most of hospitality resources and experts to from hotels, resorts, dining venues and event planners.
- Phnom Penh, the hustle and bustle capital city of Cambodia with all the ministerial and administrative offices and houses are there. Phnom Penh has many cultural inheritances to offer as well such as the Royal Palace, National Museum, the Genocide Memorial Site of S21. As a business city, Phnom Penh is the most capable to host any types of corporate events, trips.
- Coastal Areas (Sihanoukville, Islands, KEP), bordering to the Gulf of Thailand, Cambodia has the nicest beaches to relax and enjoy your free and easy days. From small bungalows to luxury resorts, Cambodia Coastal Areas have all to offer.
WOW Momentums for Incentive Trip Program
The once-in-a-lifetime dining experience at one of the Angkor temples, is most exclusive and wow factor to include in the travel program. We would like to invite you to watch this video and have an idea of how the special dinner would be presented at Thoammonoan Temple.
Thoamanon is one of the temples that allowed to organize this wow moment dining experience in Siem Reap, Angkor for your award and incentive trip evening. SAM INSPIRE Cambodia has already create a long list of the temple dining venue that you could consider choosing as well. Please read it here https://www.sam-inspire.com/special-event-and-dining-venues-in-siem-reap/
Hotels and Resorts to Accommodate Your Incentive Trip Travellers
Cambodia is so much ready to serve any types of accommodation styles for Incentive Trip, from local to international chains. In Siem Reap, you can find the Sofitel Angkor and the Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor by Accors, the Park Hyatt by Hyatts, Anantara Angkor by Anantara, FCC Angkor by Avani, Phum Baitang Resort by Zannier Hotels, Amansara Resort by Aman Resort and soon the Courtyard by Marriott should be reopened soon. In addition to all these international brands, Siem Reap has many local five-star resorts suitable for big event as well like Sokha Convention Center Siem Reap has its grand ballroom to accommodate up to over 3500 seaters in theatre style. The Memoire Palace Resort offers their rooms / villa connecting to their largest swimming pool. Jaya House River Park known for its best hospitality service in town. The Shinta Mani Resorts give the best design touch and there are much and many more to list…
With difference only to the Coastal area of Sihanoukville, KEP and islands that have almost local hotels and resorts only. For instance, Sokha Beach resort located in Sihanoukville, Royal Sand Resort on Koh Rong Island, Song Saa Resort on Koh Song Saa Island. Nevertheless, there is still Six Senses Krabey Island by Six Senses Group on Koh Kravey Island offers the international Five-star resort.
Nothing to worry about, Phnom Penh as main business and administrative hub has all to offer. Almost all of the big players have adequate event and conference spaces to host any types of corporate groups. Those hotel and resort including but not limited to Sofitel Phokeethra Phnom Penh by Accor and Raffles Le Royal by Accor, Hyatt Regency Phnom Penh, by the Hyatt, Courtyard By Marriott Phnom Penh by the Marriott and Rosewood Phnom Penh by Rosewood. In addition to these international hotel and resort chains, Naga World and Sokha Phnom Penh plays crucial part to offer the accommodation and event spaces in Phnom Penh.
Sample Incentive Program in Cambodia
To build the most cost effective, create the most impressive touches of the destination of Cambodia. SAM INSPIRE with the experienced team in planning and building the most thoughtful and productive incentive program, recommend that the Incentive Trip should start and end in Phnom Penh.
Meets and Greets
First impression is always the most important moment to take care of for any types of welcoming guests to a destination. Therefore meet and greet arrangement on the guest arrival either at the airport or port is a must. Here are some ideas of the meet and greet service is:
- Immigration Fast Track Service: this is when the traveller pass through all the airport procedure and formalities without touching any documents, forms, or questions to answer. They just need to pick up their luggage and escort by the immigration officer to meet the awaited welcome fellow at the welcome hall.
- Local Hospitality Greeting by Lady in Traditional Dress with Jasmine Bracelet / Galant: Be just like an official delegates to a foreign country, you are welcomed by a county uniformed angels which you the first great touch of the destination. The jasmine flowers ornaments and scent make you feel great throughout the day. Note: with bigger budget, a welcome dance could be also incorporated.
- Board your Bus with a Glass of Champagne: You don’t have to wait till the big moment to celebrate. Treated the guests with fresh cold face-towel, follow by a chilled glass of Champagne and make a sib of the drips while cruising your vehicles to the hotel is a great way to open up the Incentive trip travel.
- Impressive Mode of Transports: Walking to the hotel in a 10 km distance? No way, getting a big coach to the hotel? Yes, it is ok as long as it is cool enough. How about having old military jeep, souvenirs from US-VN war, a local Remoak/TukTuk, or even the antique Vintage cars. Sound fun right? Yes, but not for everyone taste, so consider also taking the best available vehicle in the destination like the latest Mecedes-Benz, BMW, Rolls-Royce, Lamborghini…. and arrange the escort from the local police guards. This will make them feel great and super special, right at the step of landing in the country.
Tours and Activities in Phnom Penh
Depending on the flight, if time permit it, the first day / Day One should start with city orientation with to visit the remarkable colonial buildings, the Royal Palace and National Museum. The touring should be made by local Rickshaws / Paddling Cyclos.
Enjoy the spectacular golden view reflected from the Sunlight and the Nightlight of the bustling Phnom Penh from the River Cruise. Have your unlimited free flow of drinks and spirits and have your choice of dinner on board of the cruise.
On day two, continue to explore the city including S21 genocide memorial site or take some of the sites above in cased time is not permitted on day one to cover everything. Just depending on the guest preference, you may take from the following activities:
- Khmer Arts and Culture Immersion by participating in Apsara Dance Class
- Khmer Culinary Immersion by participating in a Khmer Cooking Class
- Social Immersion by donating rice sakes and Nutrition to a local training organization
- City escape with visit to the silk island or cycling around the island
Lunch should be served at local restaurant and dinner at the hotel with DJ or other entertainments. Overnight at the hotel.
Connecting from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
There are two effective ways to connect from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap by overland transfer and by Airs.
By air, there is not much to do as it is just a short 50-minute flight. The check-in and check-out also not complicated, therefore, the group should just leave the hotel to straight to Phnom Penh International Airport. Upon arrival at the newly opened Siem Reap Angkor International Airport (SRAIA), located 60 KM from Siem Reap old town, get a simple welcome and language will be loaded to separate vehicles.
Tours and Activities in Siem Reap
Beng Mealea Temple after Airport
To the best historical touching start of Siem Reap, after the airport pickup, have your first welcome visit to the Angkor Wat prototyped temple of Beng Mealea temple built during the early 12th century. Beng Mealea temple is a complete lost and ruined in jungles temple, located 60 km from Siem Reap downtown.
Surprised Hidden Jungle Private Catering Lunch
After completing the Beng Melea temple visit around two hours. The visit ends with a 200-meter jungle trail trekking on the Eastern part of Boeng Mealea temple. You will be entertained by your professional tour guide on the local species of plants. Where at some point a flute of chilled juice followed by a cool towel served by a uniformed caterer. Have your first welcome drink and refreshment. Then, you will be walked onto a small hill where white tables and chairs set under white tents is awaiting for your presence to sit on. Now, it is the job of the professional caterers to do their job to serve your the best of Asian / Western BBQ set lunch with free flow of drinks.
After lunch, it is time to travel to Siem Reap and check in at your hotel.
Modes of Transportation
On your regular land transportation with car, coach, or old military Jeeps or old Vintage cars, it could take up to 1h30 to reach your hotel. Therefore, for a small group, a Helicopter ride for the shuttling is the best and funniest way to travel in styles.
Stop and Overnight in Between on the Sacred ancient mount Koulen
What even special for those who want to indulge themselves in nature-inspired luxury, having one over night on the early Angkorian city in 802 known as Mahendraparvata (the mountain of Great Indra) presently called Kulen Mountain. The night will be nested in Luxury Camps and dine in naturally luxury hut / tents.
This unique and exquisite natural Camping and dining Experience could be also arranged for a night escape during your Stay in Siem Reap downtown.
Time and Experience in Siem Reap, Angkor
Siem Reap is the main Destination hub and accesses to all other activities and experiences around. Angkor temples visit is a must, but as you are on an award-incentive trip, visit the temples in-style have to be put into the trip plans.
Therefore, what will be the best plan for Corporate group and Incentive group to visit Angkor temples. SAM INSPIRE special trip advisers will write a new blog featuring Angkor Temple Visit for Corporate and Incentive group. Stay tuned on our Informative Event and Travel Blogging Site.
If you are on urgency to plan for your company incentive trip, leave us a message now by filling the following contact form: