No mater how many times you have been to Angkor Wat temple, this time is different and exclusively amazing! This article includes a video featuring the best Equinox Angkor on 23 March 2021. This is the best Sunrise ever when the run is just rising over the central tower of Angkor Wat temple. This YouTube video itself is created by Sam Inspire Angkor channel in a Livestreaming style with a minimum edit. What special about this video, in addition to the Angkor Equinox itself, Sam also brings you the full tours of Angkor Wat from the complete dawn to full sunlight, from different exterior corners to the top floor of Bakan tower, from a few people at Equinox to zero people on the causeway. This video is the exclusive property of Sam Inspire Angkor YouTube channel.
Please enjoy with Sam as following:
Video General Sections:
First part of the video is about the Sunrise from different corners and position at different time lapses, especially from Northern moat bank with spectacular view. Second part is about the tours inside the temple with climbing up Bakan Haven floor. Walking around some galleries and some more great pictures of Zero people at Angkor Wat main causeway where it used to be supper crowded. However, you will also find the Chapters of the video where you can jump to that section right away.
Angkor Equinox and Angkor Wat Tours Video Chapters:
- 00:00 Introduction to Angkor Equinox Tours by Sam Inspire
- 01:25 Angkor Wat temple view from outside by the Western moat at the Northern Wing while most people stay at the South wing of the moat
- 03:45 Moving from Northern Wing to Southern Wing toward the original bridge and up to artificial temporary floating Bridget
- 06:37 Sam walking on the floating bridge toward the temple first gate and gallery
- 07:22 Sam getting to the temple interior of Angkor temple
- 08:40 Sam going through the first Western Gopura (the Vishnu tower and Western gate) and having the first Wow impression of Angkor Wat before Sunrise.
- 10:55 View of Angkor Wat from Southern corner between two tree overlooking green grass.
- 12:58 Sunrise starts Rising but could only see from the Southern corner over the Southern lily pond.
- 13:15 Sam moving from the South toward the main and central causeway of Angkor
- 13:45 Sam walking through the Southern library with some beautiful Sunlight through the windows and doors
- 17:00 Beginning of the long awaited view of the Sunrise over the Summit of Angkor Wat temple.
- 21:00 The monks moving in the camera making the picture of Equinox more beautiful
- 25:50 The Sun just cover the peak of the central tower of Angkor Wat – the best spot
- 29:45 The rising over the peak and Sam starts moving from the current position forward.
- 32:00 Sam moves out from the causeway to the Lily pond for some beautiful pictures of the Sun and temple reflection.
- 33:11 Sam starts walking into the main Angkor temple and the temple visit started.
- 35:22 Sam walking toward the Center of Universal and 1000 Buddha galleries
- 40:10 Arrive at Bakan central main towers, the tower Haven.
- 40:45 Zoom and visit to the Haven Dancers of Apsara Dancers, Sam introduced the Smiling Apsaras with Teeth appearing
- 44:45 Sam climbing up the wooden staircase up onto the top floor Bakan central towers. And spend the full time visiting the entire stories as well has having all sides bird views.
- 58:00 Sam get down from Bakan with using a scary steep elevation.
- 59:10 Sam continue having the incredibly quiet Angkor temples with visit to some wall carving of the Epic stories of Hindu legends.
- 1:05:45 View of the spectacular gallery with carvings on the wall depicting the stories of Hindu religions
- 1:07:27 View of the green grass and where Sam end his main temple visit and get ready to show how the causeway and the entire Angkor turn back to zero people.
- 1:11:00 Sam ends his amazing Angkor Equinox (សមរាត្រីនៅប្រាសាទអង្គរវត្ត) tours at the Vishnu best preserved Statue at the West Gopura.
Overview of Angkor Wat temple
Angkor Wat is closest Angkor temple to Siem Reap city in Cambodia, just within 7 km, . This temple is the world largest religious monument listed with the UNESCO world heritage in December 1992. Built to dedicated to Vishnu Hindu god but lately served as Buddhist temple. Therefore, you can see many remaining and decorations in both religions.
Entry fees: It is Angkor temple so Angkor ticket applied 37$ per day, 62$ up to 3 days, 72$ up to 7 days.
When is the Best Time to Watch Sunrise on Equinox Day?
From this 2021 experience of the Equinox close observer, the best time and day to watch Sunrise over the central tower of Angkor Wat temple is 22 March and 23 March for Spring Equinox. I believe, for Autumn Equinox of the Northern Hemisphere should not be different. Therefore you can reserve these two dates to spend you time at Angkor Wat to watch the amazingly spectacular Sunrise and temple of Angkor Wat.
This video one of many more episodes that Sam and his family creating to feature Virtual Cambodia Tours of Angkor temples, Beyond Angkor and its diversified surroundings during this Coronavirus Pandemic.
Please enjoy Cambodia while you are at home. Come back frequently or Subscribe to the Channel and get alerted.
If you are want to learn more about Equinox natural phenomenon and Angkor Equonox, please visit Sam Inspire earlier article titled Angkor Equinox 2021 with a lot more interested insights.
Note: This article is for information purpose only, no liability will be taken for legal or official reference. Revisions could be done at the author’s discretion.
SAM INSPIRE family hopes you find this information useful to your research. This article is the reflection of Mr. Sam’s findings. If you need further support, please feel free to contact Sam, he will be so happy to do more steps to help you out.