Post Pandemic Cambodia Travel Updates
As of May 2022, travel in Cambodia is seemingly back to normal. With the significant success of Covid-19 vaccination rate at up to 93%, 15 millions out of 16 millions of the total population.
Sam Inspire is pleased to share with you 5 special updates related to travel tips and tourism updates in Cambodia in this late April and early May 2022 as following:
- No Covid-19 testing required to travel to Cambodia either PCR or Rapid test, before and on arrival to the country, by air and border land crossing. This does not apply to the unvaccinated and partially vaccinated travelers who need to do Rapid test during their quarantine period. Air traveler requires one test on last day of the quarantine and two tests for land border crossing travelers, one on first day and another one on the last day of the quarantine. Nevertheless, this No Covid-19 Test has nothing to do with the Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test upon departure from Cambodia. Depending on their next destination, they may need a Negative Medical Certificate for Travelers at 72 hours which could be gained in Siem Reap at a cost of 130$ with the Provincial Hospital Laboratory located on Apsara Road near 60 meters street. In Phnom Penh, there are more choices from 80$ with private Institut Pasteur du Cambodge and 130$ with the public institutions.
- Zero day quarantine or no quarantine needed for Cambodia travel for the fully vaccinated traveler. And for the unvaccinated and partially vaccinated traveler, the quarantine period has shortened to 7 days only.
- Visa On Arrival (VOA) in Cambodia, visa application is fully back to normal, everything is back to what it used to be before the Covid-19 pandemic. The unbanned Visa On Arrival nationalities could obtain their visa on arrival either at the airports and some border crossings. The choice of Online Visa is still the option and reliable. Read this article if you are looking to have your Cambodia eVisa online and other special Airport services in Cambodia: Cambodia Visa and Meets & Greets Service at Cambodia Airports.
- Mask free at all open air tourist attractions nationwide in Cambodia except for the indoor and closed room venues. Wearing mask is not mandatory anymore in Cambodia.
- No Covid-19 insurance policy needed as mandatory for travel to Cambodia. Any insurance policies are up to travelers, it is not compulsory to travel into Cambodia.
These are all the crucial updates for travel easing in Cambodia. All these information are not just on paper but this what Sam, the author of Sam Inspire who is a tourism and event expert in Cambodia has experienced with his travelers traveling on land and on air.
To proof that Sam has created this video tips along with an interview with his friend traveling on his own from Hong Kong on his Family YouTube Channel.
If you have more questions or clarification, please leave Sam your concerns, Sam will be more than happy to answer directly or update this Post Pandemic Travel Update Cambodia article.
Having the most reliable travel, tour, and event in Cambodia is very important during this Pandemic. Sam could be your most trusted and knowledgeable consultant here. You can either appoint him as your local assistant or your broker here in Cambodia.
Note: This article is for information purpose only, no liability will be taken for legal or official reference. Revisions could be done at the author’s discretion.
SAM INSPIRE family hopes you find this information useful to your researches. This article is the reflection of Mr. Sam’s findings and experiences. If you need further support, please feel free to contact Sam, he will be so happy to do more steps to help you out.